Prof Peter Hall
University of Sheffieldpeter.email@example.com
Professor Hall's research interests are in developments that will hasten the introduction of clean, carbonless and sustainable energy. He works mainly in the area of electrochemical energy storage, hydrogen storage and fuel cells.
- EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Energy Storage and its Applications, £4,078,783. Principal Investigator.
- Reducing the Cost and Prolonging the Durability of Hydrogen Fuel Cell Systems by in-situ Hydrogen Purification and Technology Hybridization (HyFCap), £1.4M. Co-Investigator.
- Battery Characterisation and Management - the key to Smart Grids and the Integration of Electric Vehicles, £1.4M. Co-Investigator.
- Energy Storage for Low Carbon Grids, £5.6M. Co-Investigator.
- SPECIFIC Tranche 1: Buildings as Power Stations, £2.8M. Co-Investigator.
- Sustainable Product Engineering Centre for Innovative Functional Industrial Coatings, £5M. Co-Investigator.
- SUPERGEN - The Energy Storage Consortium: CORE Proposal, £3.4M. Co-Investigator.
EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Energy Storage and its ApplicationsWe are recruiting graduate Engineers and Scientists to join our ground-breaking Centre for Doctoral Training in Energy Storage and Its Applications at the Universities of Sheffield and Southampton in October 2014. This brand new Centre is funded by the EPSRC and aims to tackle industrial challenges and develop new technologies and skills that will enable the UK to meet its low carbon targets.